Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.
Search information pages
4. If my article is published, how will it be cited?
Articles in Environmental Systems Research should be cited in the same way as articles in a traditional journal. However, because articles in this journal are not printed, they do not have page numbers. Instead, they have a unique article number.
The following citation:
Environ Syst Res 2005, 6:306
refers to article 306 from Volume 6 of the journal.
As an online journal, Environmental Systems Research does not have issue numbers. Each volume corresponds to a calendar year.
- What is Environmental Systems Research?
- Why submit to Environmental Systems Research?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of Environmental Systems Research?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in Environmental Systems Research?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive Environmental Systems Research's emails?
- What is SpringerOpen?